Well, version 1.0 of My Feeds has now passed certification and is now sitting in the Marketplace waiting for people to show it some love, not that I am expecting a great deal. In it's current incarnation My Feeds is just a neat, simple RSS reader, the question is where do I take it now?
Well, so far I have a few plans for the next release, or couple of releases depending on how long it takes me to get through them!
- Live tile support: show the current subscription statistics i.e number of feeds, number of read/unread articles.
- Background refresh: allow the feeds to be updated in the background at scheduled intervals.
- Favourites list: save your favourite articles for future consumption.
- Persist scroll position: save the current scroll position between sessions when app switching.
- Sharing: share articles via email, twitter, facebook, sms etc.
- Data access: allow the user to specify whether they want to load images when they're not on a wifi connection.
- Orientation switching: allow the app to be used horizontally.
- Feed switching: allow users to change feeds without having to return to the main screen.
- Refresh indicator: provide better feed refresh notification for each individual feed.
- Feed context menus: add context menus to the feed list to allow users to refresh, edit and delete feeds from the main screen.
- Increased performance: provide increased performance and load speed!
- Deep linking: allow users to pin feeds and articles directly to their start screen.
- Feed discovery: give users the ability to search for feeds when the address is unkown.
That's it so far but if there's anything else you would like to see please drop me a line or let me know in the comments below.